CLIENT : RAIL LINK ENGINEERING (UK)
Geo-Design was involved in a section of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link which comprised a single bore, 3.2km long, 14m span tunnel through chalk rocks.
Geo-Design provided specialist input to assist in the design of the North Downs Tunnel:
- Review and design input of tunnel
- Specialist input on discontinuous rock mass response in weak rocks (construction stage)
- Evaluation of encountered conditions
- Preparation of geological and rock mass representations
- Analyses to evaluate stability and support recommendations