3DEC Analysis – West Island Line – Hong Kong
Geo-Design undertook the detailed rock engineering design of two station caverns (22.6m span) along Hong Kong’s West Island Line. The two caverns were the first truly urban caverns in Hong Kong, and the project involved obtaining approval of ‘drained’ caverns in this environment and designing for variable rock mass conditions.
For this project, Geo-Design was responsible for:
- The development of rock mass models and detailed design analysis in both 2D and 3D.
- Preparation of detailed design, temporary support drawings for cavern complex including intersections.
- Preparation of particular specifications for cavern design implementation procedure and groundwater control.
- Evaluation of lining options.
- First point of contact for GEO and BD to establish approval for the scheme.