Geo-Design was formed in 1999 as a Limited company, with offices in the New Forest (UK).
From the outset, the practice was closely associated with independent offices in Jersey (Dr John Sharp) and a specialist numerical analysis group in Thessaloniki, led by the late Professor Stavros Bandis.
We have built on this foundation to become an established group of specialists who collaborate to combine the skills required for specific assignments. A central pillar to our services remains the numerical analysis team in Greece.
Geo-Design’s team work within our specialist fields to provide high level, innovative approaches to the solution of complex and challenging problems. These fields include:
- engineering geology
- testing and in-situ measurements
- rock mass property evaluation
- deformation and stability analyses
- design of engineering measures to enhance the predicted natural state
- assessment of design performance through carefully focused monitoring
These specialist areas are brought together to form a comprehensive consulting service in rock engineering and a broader range of geotechnical services.