The Egnatia Odos is part of the European highway route E90, extending from Greece’s western coastline to the Greek-Turkish Border in the east.
Asprovalta Tunnel – Egnatia Odos
Geo-Design (Thessaloniki) undertook a stability evaluation of the existing slopes and embankments in the Evros region (exits 39 to 40). This included:
- Geological and geotechnical evaluation studies
- Design of slope geometries conforming to the new alignment
- Design of technical works for widening of existing embankments
- Rock slope protection measures
- Assessment of interaction between a proposed high rock slope and the existing (Asprovalta) Tunnel